Thursday, July 02, 2009

Ipoh-licious

Finally my Ipoh's post! =)
-
Felicia, Hanyin and I headed to Ipoh for a 3 days 2 nights trip last Thursday. Our intention was to meet up with Mel Chan before she's leaving to Aussie AGAIN. Actually it's more to like enjoying the food at her hometown. We started eating from early in the morning till middle of the night. My fats are transmitting naturally to my face ARGHH. =(

-
Initially we planned to sit WJ's car back to Ipoh. The plan didn't progress due to some circumstances. So 3 of us took the 2 hours and 45 mintues journey to Ipoh by KTM last Thursday. Owh gosh I have not been taking KTM since my foundation ended. I was the KTM girl and the laughing stalk in the class last year =S


-
We're at Ipoh! After hours of napping, LAUGHING around and listening to music. =)

-
Mel Chan came to pick us from the station and we headed straight to some hawker's stall under some big trees. Dai Shu Tao they say it in Cantonese. The food was tasty indeed and the red bean drink really quenched my thirst immediately =)


This is called Liu Fun in Cantonese by means there're lots of ingredients can be added into various types of mee
-
After eating, Mel Chan drove us back to her house. Yes we're staying at her house during our trip. After settled down, she drove us all the way to Lumut for her parents' company dinner. and yes, we ATE again. =P
Mel Chan, the all-time driver =P

When we had nothing better else to do in the car =O


4 of us =)

This is actually cocoa fruit. One uncle asked us to have a try during the dinner. Hanyin spat out the cocoa thing. It was gross I guess. Thank god I was smart enough. I didn't touch it =)
-
-
We left the dinner around 9.30pm and Mel Chan drove back all the way to Ipoh using around 1 hour. What we did next? YESSS, we ATE again =O The famous Kuey Teow Soup at Ipoh. The Ipoh Ho Fun la LOL.

-
Reached her house around 12 plus midnight after our Ho Fun. Dived into the bed once we finished bathing. I took quite long to fall asleep on that particular night because I'm used to my bed all these while =P
-
-
The next morning we woke up around 7 in the morning for Dim Sum =S The place was crowded and mostly filled up by the retirees. Maybe Dim Sum early is the morning is really meant for old-aged people =P


Before we went for Dim Sum, Mel Chan googled some maps and searching where to get good food. But she had spent her 18++ years at Ipoh. Must she google the maps? Okok let me make it clear la. She googled maps of Penang. Searching good food in Penang. YESS we're off to PENANG! =D I felt so bad when I recall it back what happened that day. I slept all the way to Penang and all the way back from Penang. =(

-
While I was taking a short nap, Mel Chan stopped her car in the middle of our journey to Penang. This is what she got:


Speeding =S
-
The first stop was some beach in Penang - The place to calm myself down. The place to keep myself quiet for a moment. The place to make me shout.



-
Mel Chan brought me to some famous biscuit shop in Penang for me to get some back to KL. After that, EATING time =D







The downpour made us fail to try the famous cendol because the stall selling cendol was situted near the pavement of the road. So we planned to proceed to the Queensbay Mall. Mel Chan took the wrong way and we headed back to Ipoh after our Chay Kuey Teow, Raddish cake and ice kacang. YES we traveled all the way for FOOD only =P
-
We went to Jusco at Ipoh on the way back to her house. After that, we went back her house and rested a while before going to Pasar Malam. Our aim to Pasar Malam? Pretty obvious right? MAKAN! =P
-
While resting......


Tada! Mel Chan's room =)
-
We were playing with her Garfield. Her COMPANION since she was young. She was telling me somemore that her Garfield has her SMELL. The way she described it. Yucks! =P


Acting cute hor Hanyin =P

You're acting cute as well?

But the cutest is me la hahaha =P

Hanyin. me, Felicia

Hanyin


Mel Chan and me. Ignore the background =P


Nah people! Tan Pui Sze loves to comb people's hair. Those people with long hair please beware. She will take out her comb even in the public and comb your hair suddenly =)


The owner loves to peek us at the door =P


I was MIA

Err... haha =P
-
3rd day at Ipoh. Our final day. Had Bak Kut Teh together with her family in the morning. Her parents are very nice. Her dad drove us here and there to get some Ipoh's famous food back to KL. Biscuits and Ipoh's salted chicken.
-
We went to the Kei Lok Tong (cave) together with her family. The pictures we took:





Three days gone like that. Pretty fast. Her whole family sent us to the station. Thanks for everything Mel Chan. I guess you will be in Aussie when you read this. Missing you. =)
-
Okay things didn't run smoothly when we went back by KTM. The train was sooooo PACKED and the air-cond in the train was spoilt. We were cramped in this stuffy environment for almost 3 hours and suffocating. =(
In the train:
-
Our belongings and souvenirs =P
We had nothing to do again =)



This is a typical Indian guy who sat beside Hanyin during our going back journey. I know it's quite random that I'm interested to talk about him. Can you guys guess what am I going to say about him? Is he trying to kidnap the small kid??? No for sure he can't do that in the public. If not I will be shouting like nobody's business =P
-
He was acting weird. He looked weird too. He approached Hanyin for a talk. I think Hanyin ignored him. Then he borrowed Hanyin's phone to call his dunno whoever. Fine. He asked for Chipsmore from the Malay kids opposite us. Totally strangers and you asked for Chipsmore? FINE. He asked Hanyin for water. He's really a weirdo. =S
-
Reached home around 6pm. Went to bed after my dinner. I was just exhausted that day. Thanks for everyone who gave me this memorable trip. At least my mind was clear for that moment. Thanks. Okla stop here. This is the longest post I've ever blog. =P

No comments: