Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dispirited

I don't expect my readers to read the whole post of mine today. My title says it all. Yes I'm ain't in good mood. My mum received a phone call from Canada this afternoon. It was from my aunty. Both of them had a serious conversation for more than an hour. I didn't really bother to listen every single word they split out during the call. But I can sense that it's gonna be something BAD. My mum tattled back the whole story to me after she hung up the phone. My aunty in Canada had a minor bleeding in her rectum since MARCH this year. But the annoying part was, she had to make an appointment with the speciallist there and wait for her visit after 3 MONTHS, which was somewhere around JUNE. Can you imagine if a person is in critical condition, he or she has to wait for the consultation for 3 MONTHS, will he or she able to survive by that time? She managed to consult the doctor in June. Wait let me say something, my aunty's rectum continued to bleed from March to June. But the doctor told my aunty that her bleeding was no big deal. Okay fine. NO MEDICINE OR TREATMENT WAS GIVEN. Around August, my aunty's bleeding deteriorated. Her bleeding was more serious than usual. In this case, her bleeding did not cease all the while since March. Guess what, she went to make an appointment with the medical centre again, and she had to wait for another 3 MONTHS. This time the doctor examined that she had a small lump blocking her rectum. NOTHING SO SERIOUS the doctor said. She had to wait for another 3 MONTHS to get this operation done. WTH. I really don't understand the medical facilities in Canada. A person is fighting for survival and yet there is a f***ed up medical service in Canada. They have to queue for their turn in order to consult the doctor. Regardless whether you have the money or not. The drama began now: A few days ago, my aunty fainted on the roadside and her rectum was bleeding non-stop. And it's winter. Omigosh. She was admitted to the hospital immediately. Com'on, the hospitals only entertain those really CRITICAL cases. If my aunty did not faint in the first place, she won't get to visit the emergency ward in the hospital. Serious. I got so hot under the collar after hearing that. WTF. The doctor told my uncle that my aunty's bleeding is very serious. Too much blood flowing out. WTH, who's fault now! Really heated up after hearing that. And the doctor discovered that my aunty has a small fibroid thing in her rectum. She had an ultrascan and results in two weeks time. We're afraid that the fibriod thing is a tumor, cancerous. If she was treated earlier, there will be no tumor. If a person dies because he or she is not treated immediately in Canada, no action will be taken? Why nobody protests against the medical facilities in Canada?! Moral of the story: do appreciate what we're having now. do think that it is good to stay in Malaysia. Never migrate to Canada. The medical service is so f***ed up. May God bless her. Signing off...

No comments: